Suicide attack against NATO in Kabul

Advertisment

An Afghan military was slightly injured Friday in a suicide car bomb attack that targeted a column of NATO in western Kabul, said the police chief of the Afghan capital.

“A suicide bomber driving a car approached a convoy of foreign forces to 14.00, near an Afghan army base in western Kabul, said Mohammad Ayub Salang.

“Luckily, it exploded before reaching the convoy. An Afghan soldier was slightly wounded, while soldiers from the coalition were not injured,” added Salang, pointing out that a team of investigators is on the scene.

The attack was confirmed by the international force in Afghanistan (ISAF), who said he did not know if there are victims.

It took place on gift-Amman road, west of Kabul, near Camp Julian, one of the main camps of NATO, said an ISAF spokesman.

“According to first information, it is a car bomb,” he added, without specifying which was able to target it.

On 18 May, a NATO attack against the same type occurred on the same road and killed 18 people, including five U.S. soldiers and one Canadian, it was the bloodiest attack in the Afghan capital since February 2009.

A total of 633 foreign soldiers have been killed in military operations in early Afghanistan, almost two per day.

2010 is by far the bloodiest for foreign troops since the invasion of the country in 2001. The year 2009 had already made a record, with 521 deaths. These deaths contribute to growth in the West impopularity of this military intervention.

About 150,000 foreign troops, two thirds of Americans who are deployed in Afghanistan to support the government in Kabul before the Taliban insurgency.

Short URL: http://newskf.com/?p=1940

Posted by R.Magnusson on Nov 12 2010. Filed under Featured News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

WordPress Themes
Premium WordPress Themes
Wp Advanced Newspaper WordPress Themes Gabfire